Newport is situated on the Shropshire / Staffordshire border and was itself planned as a new town during the reign of Henry I.
A great fire in 1665 destroyed most of the medieval buildings which were replaced by a fine selection of Regency and Georgian frontages. Today a wide variety of restaurants, pubs and bars offer added benefit to this rural unspoilt market town.
- Independent and high street shops offering fashion, accessories, craft, art, food and more
- Newport Farmers market: every 3rd Thursday of each month (March to December)
- Indoor market offering food, fabrics, music, cards, cakes, toys and more
- Newport Annual Victorian Carnival
- Newport Nocturne bicycle race, held every two years
- Tea rooms, coffee shops, pubs, restaurants and takeaways
Newport Visitor Information Centre
Artefacts from the local history society, local books, prints,gifts, travel time tables,maps on local walks, leaflets for local attractions, accommodation and restaurants, booking service available.
3 Guildhall, High Street, Newport, Shropshire, TF10 7AR
Upcoming Events Nearby
Monday, 12 September 2016 until Sunday, 15 January 2017
10:00 AM until 4:30 PM
Saturday, 28 May 2016 until Sunday, 05 June 2016
12:00 AM until 12:00 AM
Monday, 21 March 2016 until Friday, 24 February 2017
10:00 AM until 5:00 PM
Monday, 08 February 2016 until Sunday, 05 June 2016
11:00 AM until 4:30 PM